Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Back In Game for 2014 Options
Chiaron
Posted: Tuesday, January 07, 2014 6:59:42 AM

Hi All, Happy New Year and Merry Christmas to you all. :d/

This is the year my friends! I have graduated on the dream scale and set my sights firmly on a music career.

Yesterday i told my boss that i wanted to reduce my hours to part time, so that i can have more time free for music.

My only remaining best friend from highschool Karl is now flatting with me. Has been for a few months now, but it still seems new and fresh, especially with the new year here. The two of us have musical goals together which involve travelling the world to bring our talents to a town near you. =)

In the next two years, he and I want to be undertaking a tour of Australia first, and from there the world! =P muhahaha! Angel

So all of this means, as a happy side effect, that i will also have a tiny little more time for gaming, as music practice and performance doesnt yet take up 40+ hours a week like my day job has for the past 7 years. I can now happily work 8 hours a week playing Gigs and earn exactly the same amount in cash as i could working 42 hours. Now thats what you call increased value! =)

so i started by logging into lotro for the first time in what seems like forever (20 levels) on New year and caught up with Gem and Cai and Root. AWESOME!

So there is more, Karl is now also playing lotro. =) happy days. His name is Orillian

see you all on the flip side. =)

CHIARON

Sponsor
Posted: Tuesday, January 07, 2014 6:59:42 AM
Shop now! Shop now!
Root
Posted: Thursday, January 30, 2014 8:07:25 AM

haven't seen either of you guys (or anyone except Gemrond) for a few weeks - but Gem and I are tearing it UP. We're now in the high 90's, and still having a lot of fun. Mounted combat is great - we took on a few really tough warbands, one of which was a 10 minute fight against a raid boss mob with 170,000 morale, with a pretty huge group of adds, some of which were 90,000 morale. Ride and kite and ride and kite and ride - I kept the mob in orbit, and Gem assassinated the adds one at a time. If you're not playing lotro anymore, you may want to come check it out if for no other reason than mounted combat - it's really a fast-paced, action-packed game style.
Spyr
Posted: Sunday, October 12, 2014 3:10:46 PM

So... Is Baruk alive and well in Elendilmir again? Should I bother making my glorious return? I feel like I haven't spoken to my family for far too long.
Root
Posted: Tuesday, November 04, 2014 11:12:02 AM

I don't know of anyone playing lotro at this point... maybe Weak and Mawar? Gem and I played for a bit when the last content dropped, him and his wife continued to play for a while, but I flaked out and went on to other games. The Baruk group on FB is probably a good way to reach a lot of past BKers, mainly because everyone gets a notice when something is posted - though I'll try my hardest to pay attention to these forums again...

As far as games go - my personal favorite is Space Engineers. Look for me on Steam, as 'htmldoc' and join my server if you see me online. Or, just reach out to me on steam or FB and chat, so I can make fun of your mom and the goats you kiwis shag continually. :)
Starfall
Posted: Friday, January 23, 2015 11:01:37 PM

Hey Root do you know which world Mawar and Weak are playing in?

I am very tempted to return to LOTRO, at least for a little while...

:D
- Starfall
Root
Posted: Wednesday, January 28, 2015 5:18:35 PM

They're still in Elendilmir, as far as I know - both of them have logged in the past month. Weak does have a lot of his toons in a different kin, I think, Mawar might as well... If I see them, I'll let them know you're looking for 'em!